Access Statement For Greenlands Barn Self Catering Accommodation
Greenlands Barn is a wooden converted barn down a no through road in a rural area one mile from Great Tey.
All accommodation is on the ground floor.
• We have a website with pictures of all the living rooms.
• Bookings and enquiries can be made directly from the website via email, or by telephone or letter.
• All guests are provided with written directions to the barn.
• There is no local transport and a car is recommended.
• Marks Tey railway station is five miles away.
• Taxi telephone numbers can be provided.
• This access statement is available on our website and in the ‘Welcome File’ in the cottage.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• We are down a no through road in a rural area. Details of how to find us are on our web site and in our brochure.
• On arrival to the property cars can drive right in to a private drive just past the barn through a farm gate, and the drive is brick paved.
• No marked parking bays but there is ample room for two cars.
• The surface rises uphill slightly. There are two steps up to the main entrance and a small step to go through the door.
• We can assist guests with luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
• The main and only entrance is the front door from the drive. The key for this door is issued to our guests upon arrival.
• There are 2 steps from the drive, the first is 14cm high, the second step is 21cm high.
• The front door has the hinge on the right and is 78 cm wide.
• The front door opens into the lounge area. There is a light switch on the left hand side of the door. There is a large mat at the entrance.
• The floor covering is short pile fitted carpet.
• On the coffee table are details about the barn and the surrounding area.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
• Not available
Public Areas – WC
• Not available
Dining Room & Lounge
• The dining and lounge is a large L shaped room.
• At the entrance is the lounge area with two 2 seater settees and 1 wing armchair (suitable for guests with mobility issues).
There is also three table lamps and 1 standard lamp. The chair and 2 seater settees are movable.
• There is a TV with remote control and freeview channels, DVD player and CD player and radio.
• There is a coffee table, dresser, 2 corner units and 3 occasional tables.
• Opposite the kitchen door is the dining area.
• In the dining area is a round table with 4 dining chairs and 1 rocking chair.
• There is a bookcase and a set of drawers.
• To the left of the entrance door is a small cupboard containing the oil fired boiler and water softener.
• The kitchen has 1 door leading into it from the dining area. When entering, immediately on the left hand side wall is the fire extinguisher and fire blanket. The fridge freezer is on the left wall with a small trolley on wheels.
• The kitchen is fitted with works surfaces and wall cup boards on the right hand side wall and the centre wall.
•There is a single sink and drainer, a fitted oven and hob with grill in oven.
• A microwave is on the work surface.
• Crockery and cutlery are provided in the cupboards and drawers with glasses and cups etc in the wall cupboards.
• Cooking equipment is in cupboards below the work surface.
• The kitchen is lit by two spotlights and lighting under wall cupboards. The flooring is vinolay.
• There is an iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner.
• There is a front loading washing machine in the kitchen near the sink. There is a rotary washing line in the garden and pegs are provided.
• Door from dining area hinged on the left. Carpeted with short pile fitted carpet and 2 bedside rugs.
• There is a double bed 4′ 10″ wide with a 4′ 6″ mattress, plus a memory foam bed topper.
• All bedding is Egyptian cotton or percale with non feather pillows and quilt.
• Access to the bed is available from both sides.
• There are fitted wardrobes and 2 bedside cabinets each with a table lamp and 1 alarm clock.
• The main room light has a switch at the door.
• There is a small storage chest at the foot of the bed, full length mirror and shelving.
• This is accessed from a small hallway through a door from the lounge. The hallway is 76cm wide and there is a door from the hallway to the shower room.
• There is a step into the power shower cubicle which opens with a door opening outwards
• The toilet seat is accessed from the front, there is no space either side for access.
•The sink is in a small unit.
• The room also has a wall mounted cabinet and towel rails.
• The floor surface is fitted short pile carpet with toilet and shower mats.
• The nearest shop is at Chappel, some 2 miles away.
• Not applicable
• Not Applicable
Grounds and Gardens
• Being in a rural area the gardens are private and not-overlooked. There are lawns, flower borders and pot plants, and seating throughout the garden.
• We have a pond and care should be taken when walking near it. Young children must not be left unattended.
• The drive has solar lighting and there are dusk to dawn outside lights around the building.
• There is a patio and garden area with wooden table and four garden chairs. There are 2 relaxer chairs available and a sun umbrella.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
• Not Applicable
• A complimentary Welcome Pack is provided which includes tea, coffee, bread, preserves, milk, butter etc. There is also additional information, essential telephone numbers and places of interest leaflets. The owners are usually on site to help with any issues.
• The premises are Non Smoking throughout with smoke detectors.
• Owners name: Carol and David Williams
• Address: Greenlands Farm, Lamberts Lane, Earls Colne, Essex, CO6 2LE.
• Telephone: 01787 224895, mobile 0771 5394660.
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.greenlandsfarm.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Arrivals 4-8pm. Departures by 11am We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please contact us as above.